Monday, May 19, 2008

Look I’ve got pictures!












Here's a few pictures from the last couple of months, including my new house (finally) and the cereal grinder!
- a woman taking millet to the grinder
- the battery charger and batteries (picture's on its side...)
- right to left: the “rice mill” that shells rice and breaks down corn and millet into small bits; the motor; the “flour” mill, with “the experienced guy” helping a woman operate it
- view from the back. the barrels are the reserve water for the motor’s cooling system
- the experienced guy and a Madoubougou woman operating the grinder (pic on its side... sorry)
- my favorite old guy in village
- taking down my old, broken house- removing the roof
- taking down my old, broken house- breaking down the walls while trying to save the bricks to build the new house…
- the empty spot where my house once stood :(
- and my new house… pretty much the exact same thing, but hopefully a bit more sturdy…

1 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

You goa new house? You have like 3 months left, good timing huh? I kind of liked that hole that went outside...

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home