Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Back In My House, And Projects In The Works

Mali huffed, and it puffed, but my house never did actually come down. While some of my neighbors' homes continued to be topple over throughout the rainy season, mine merely cracked in a few spots but remained, for the most part, in tact. It will still need to be rebuilt this coming dry season, but since the rains (and therefore the danger of it falling on me in my sleep) are basically over for the next 6 months, I have moved back into my house. So I've got that going for me.

The other good news is that my project to get my women's association a cereal grinder has been approved. The training part of it is being funded through Peace Corps/USAID. The actual grinder was approved to be funded through something called Peace Corps Partnership Program. PCPP is a way for people back in the US to contribute to PC projects. Individual US doners give any amount they can towards specific projects until the total amount needed is acquired. Then PCPP sends that money on to the volunteer and his/her community to actually implement the project. For my project specifically, the money gathered by PCPP will go to buying the actual grinder and most of its parts. The community will build the grinder's building (complete with cement creping so it won't melt in the rain) and contribute some money they've raised towards the remaining grinder parts. To contribute to the project, click on the link below. Any amount will be appreciated. To contribute to other PC projects, surf back a page or 2 and browse by region.

https://www.peacecorps.gov/resources/donors/contribute/projdetail.cfm?projdesc=688-212&region=africa

Otherwise, that's all my news for now. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home